Tuesday 8 March 2011

the good old days.

Tomorrow, we leave for retreat. After a very short packing session, I decided to dig through my old K-Zone and Mania magazines (Aussie kids should be familiar with these bad boys) from when I was a youngen; as well as finding a Digimon comic book stuffed in between them all. Oh, those were the good days.



Upon flicking through the first few pages, I was flooded with memories from those days,
  • watching shows like Hamtaro, Yu-Gi-Oh, Powerpuff Girls, Cardcaptors (and thinking Kero was just the cutest thing ever)
  • reading about Harry Potter after only the first movie had been released
  • when Bratz was still a massive fad
  • they actually aired really great shows on Cartoon Network
But honestly, I loved how comics were still super cool to read. I wonder if anyone is familiar with Tobias and Jube. I adored those two butterballs and their way-to-advanced-vocabulary for kids of our age.
http://tnj.chickennation.com/comic/index.php?start=13
Read this from page 13 to 22 to see my favourite of their comics! And I'm oh so excited that they even have a website dedicated to it! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny in my day which was probably about three years before yours, it was all about Nickelodeon and the Disney channel actually having cartoons. Now they don't and Pokemon was all the rage.
http://mydadsguidetosocialdarwinism.blogspot.com/

7ladybugz said...

My kids used to watch the powergirls and yu-gi-oh.
They also used to watch mega babies but I thought that was gross because they had one episode that they all had chicken pox and the pox all bust and ..well it was gross LOL