Friday 8 April 2011

movie soundtracks.

No matter how shit a movie may be,
I will always appreciate it if it has a great soundtrack.

Two of my friends and I went on a pointless adventure last night to the movies,
To hang out one last time before one of them goes across the country for a week.
We got there half an hour late, hung out in a coffee shop for a further 20 minutes where I got the wrong iced chocolate, but drunk it anyway.
And then decided to watch the end of Red Riding Hood.

God, it was the worst movie. The ending was so cliche, my friends and I almost cried it was so ridiculous.
No wonder, it was directed by the Twilight woman (who thankfully improved after her first pitiful attempt).
Something I noticed though, was how good the soundtrack was.
This was also noticeable in her Twilight movies, I absolutely fell in love with the soundtracks.
This was no different.

Something about how mysterious the songs are just pull me in, hook line and sinker.
Like a moth to a flame, it draws me in.
So alluring, it just throws how crap the movie was out the window.
I could just sit there, close my eyes, listen to the music and ignore the movie.
They're that good.


Nevertheless, the night ended up even worse when my friends ditched me to get shotgun in my friends' brothers' car. I thought he'd stay with me, but he ran off too.
Leaving me alone, at 10pm, in the dark.
Without a working phone.
Until one friend decided to jump around the corner and scare me.
I burst into tears and had to hold her hand all the way to the car.
I love my friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm...Catherine Hardwicke is actually quite a good director. Unfortunately directors don't possess the power to completely mitigate the shittiness of many plots. You should probably watch her other movies...

ashadashaa said...

Well hun this is just my opinion. But I'm checking her out now, and I actually didn't know she directed Thirteen. Quality movie.

Anonymous said...

THIRTEEN IS AN AWESOME MOVIE. Anon is righttttt Catherine makes good movies. Twilight is the letdown unfortunately.